At Nabors, we believe that being a good corporate citizen means investing in communities where our employees live and work. Nabors continues to support community outreach activities which primarily relate to the following four focus areas:
- Science & Math Education
- Safety & the Environment?
- Health & Hunger
- The Arts
During 2016, Nabors contributed approximately $600,000 in contributions to various non-profit community organizations or educational institutions.?
In addition to providing charitable contributions, Nabors encourages employees to generously donate their time and talents to various outreach projects around the world, including:?
- Each year, Nabors employees in the U.S. gather to ride in the BP MS 150, a 150-mile bike ride to raise funds for multiple sclerosis research. Nabors employees also participate in the Susan G. Komen Houston Race for the Cure? to raise funds and awareness for the fight against breast and to honor those who have battled the disease. In 2013, Nabors raised more than $50,000, ranking third out of the top 100 fundraising teams throughout Houston.
- In Colombia, Nabors has been building strong community relationships since 2000, meeting monthly with local community leaders in the Meta region where the company operates. These ongoing meetings help Nabors address current community needs, from providing equipment for community centers to supporting local schools with Internet capabilities and other equipment and supplies. In 2015, Nabors provided 2,500 Christmas gifts to children in the area. The company also provided computers and electrical mowers to the San Isidro de Chichimene community.
- In Dubai, Nabors sponsored the Al Noor Assistive Tech-X 2015, an exhibition organized by the school to create awareness of how assistive technology can increase the productivity of people with disabilities.
- The Nabors Charitable Foundation provides relief supplies, financial support, and other assistance to employees affected by natural and civil disasters.